Sunday, January 25, 2009

The First Year

My sweet baby boy is turning ONE year old today. As I look back on this last year of his life I can't help but feel a little sad. I am thankful for such a healthy little boy. We had a scare when he was about 4 days old but the Lord brought us through. Since then he hasn't been to the doctor even once.
People told me that having a boy was different than having my 3 girls. I didn't believe them because my girls seemed so energetic. Elijah was and is different though. He has been such a loving baby but is certainly showing us a more engertic BOY side of himself these days. He is into everything and I fully expect to see him walking on his own very soon. He started off as one of my smallest babies, just 8lbs. 13oz and 21in. Exactly one year later he is 27 pounds and 30 inches tall. Most of that growth was made on Breastmilk only. He still loves to nurse but LOVES food too. He loves chasing after his sisters and is a big daddies boy. We are so blessed to have enjoyed him this first year of his life and look forward to enjoying him while he is still little.

Below you will find a slideshow that I put together of each of his months Photo Shoots from the day he was born up to today One year. Enjoy, and remember to cherrish all the moments with you little ones, because they grow so very fast.

2 comments:

TrailwoodBaptist said...

Happy Birthday little man. I love you so much! I can't believe its been a year already. Your birth and every moment I spent with you since is so special.

MWA! Love your favorite Aunt Shaunna!

Kelly Family said...

Happy Birthday Little Man!