Monday, October 20, 2008

Another Year has come and gone!


Yes, it's that magical day that comes around once a year and either makes you feel really happy or really sad. Leading up to today I was feeling a little depressed about being a year closer to 30. Uggggg! Today I woke up and got the sweetest phone call from my wonderful nieces and nephews (Caitlyn, Madilyn, Joshua & Noah) Hearing them sing Happy Birthday was so sweet and made me smile. My sweet husband James and our four kids (Breaunna~6,Gabriella~4,Krisalyn~2 & Elija~8months)took me to dinner last night and a movie. BRAVO is a little italian grill in Arlington. My favorite dish was taken off the menu but they cooked it for me. Then we took the kids to see Beverly Hills Chiuaua. It was cute and now I don't have to hear the kids ask for it anymore. It was a fun day and I really couldn't get a better gift than seeing my kids so happy to spend time with me. Today my dad showed up on his motercycle and gave me a card with a car wash cert. and a card from my Grandma Cash. Thank you to everyone who remembered my birthday and made me feel very special today. I love you all!
I am adding to this post to add some pics of a pladough cake that Krisalyn made for me today. So cute.

3 comments:

BigMomma said...

Happy Happy Birthday. I'd give you a trip to Puerto Vallarta if I could. (Its the thought that counts!)

Love ya!

Kelly Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I justed wanted to say thanks for helping me out with an issue today. I thank God to be blessed to have a true friend like you.

Love You!!!

Phyllis said...

My dearest Laurie, You look great for a 29 year old mother of four!!! Nothing like the old lady on the birthday card your Daddy picked out for you that made you laugh.

Thanks for not mentioning on the blog, the "gift" that Sunshine left for you this morning! ;(

I wish I could give you everything your heart desires and everything that you, James and your precious family need.

You are a blessing in my life and in the lives of many others as well. I'm glad that James and the kid's spent a fun day with you yesterday. I pray today will be wonderful too.

Hugs and kisses. I'm remembering the day you were born 29 years ago! Such a precious addition to our little family.